Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Back to Basics 15 - Quick Applesauce




I went to Honey Pot Hill Orchards this past weekend with my boyfriend and we got tons of apples and pears.

Look, it's us!!
I was looking online for an apple muffin recipe and I came across Ellie Krieger's. It looked perfect and I wanted to make it NOW but I didn't have brown sugar, applesauce or buttermilk. Well, 2 out of those I could make right here and now in my apartment.

I made the brown sugar, and here's that recipe. Now, onto the applesauce.

I went to my go-to website: EatingWell. If humans could marry magazines, this would be it. It took me less than 10 minutes to make this.

Ingredients
-4 apples (they recommend McIntosh, I picked some of those but I can't tell the difference so just use what you have, you'll be ok)
-1 tablespoon of brown sugar
-Cinnamon, to taste

Directions
-Peel, core and cut up all your apples


Cover your bowl and microwave the apples for 4 minutes. Put them in a food processor with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Puree until desired consistency.



4 servings: 1/2 cup each
Nutritiona Info: 77 calories, 0 fat (0 mono, 0 sat), 0 cholesterol, 21g carbs, 0 added sugar, 0 protein, 2g fiber, 0 sodium, 145mg potassium

No comments:

Post a Comment