Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cheeseburger Wrap


This is a recipe from the first cookbook I ever purchased!! I bought this book in the beginning of my healthy journey, 200 meals all under 200 calories?? I NEEDED THAT! I probably cooked about 90% of the meals in this cookbook, and I read it cover to cover. I don't eat as many Hungry Girl meals now because she does use a lot of "diet" packaged foods to make meals so low calorie, and I'd rather eat fresh and real ingredients. But sometimes, here and there, it's ok.

This recipe uses a soy patty by Boca, low carb and high fiber tortilla and those Laughing Cow cheese wedges. It taste VERY good. You can add more cheese if you'd like (maybe some fat free shredded cheddar), lettuce and tomatoes, or some baked fries. Here we go:

Calories: 199


Ingredients
1 large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber tortilla
1 Boca Original Meatless Burger
1 wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
2 romaine lettuce leaves
Hanful of grape/cherry tomatoes
1 pickle spear, chopped (I left this out because: YUCK pickles!)
1 teaspoon mustard (I used organic ground)
1 teaspoon ketchup (I used my homemade ketchup, but you can buy organic or sugar free)
2 dashes of Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper sauce

Directions
Prepare your boca patty according to the box instructions. I just microwaved mine for 1 minute, then chop it up.
While that's in the microwave, prepare your sauce. Just mix up the mustard, ketchup and hot sauce in a little bowl.
Microwave your tortilla for 10 seconds, then spread the cheese wedge all over.


Put the burger, veggies and sauce in the middle of the tortilla and wrap it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment