Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bakin' up a storm!


Lately, I've been obsessed with Joy Wilson, or Joy The Baker. I found her on a website that listed all the best food blogs and it was love at first sight. I got her book last weekend and have been dying to try stuff out, so today I finally made a couple of her recipes. I want to eventually do a Julie and Julia thing, making every single one of her recipes, but with a twist, turning them a little bit healthier. Here are the two things I made today.

Cocoa Almond Granola

I made some for my parents and brother.

Ride pudding(it has orange zest in it!)





These were all made exactly how the recipe says, except I added 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal to the granola. The rice pudding tasted exactly like how my mom makes it, which makes me sooooo happy. You have no idea. My mom is an amazing cook and if I can make something that comes close to what she makes I'm a happy girl. So anyway, look out for healthier Joy The Baker recipes!!

BEE TEE DUBS! Her blog is www.JoyTheBaker.com. Go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I just got her cookbook too! Last night I made her raspberry oat ginger scones!

    ReplyDelete