Friday, September 14, 2012

Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies


I like to keep my cookie jar constantly full, so when my boyfriend and I ate all of the cookies in it yesterday, I started scrambling trying to think of what to make next. I saw this recipe for coconut cookies, but I had to leave my butter out to come to room temperature and that would just not work for tonight, I needed a cookie NOOWWW. Sooooo I went to the cookie I always go to when I just want soft, chewie, chocolate-packed, simple goodness. I love that this isn't just an excuse to eat sugar, it actually has healthy stuff in it like whole wheat flour, olive oil, almond milk. You can even put in dark chocolate chips for antioxidants. Bonus: it's also dairy and egg free! Which means it's vegan, wohooo!!! Although if you're being strict you should make sure your chocolate chips are also vegan.

Anyway, let's get started!



Ingredients
-75 grams of whole wheat flour (About 3/4 cup)
-1 tablespoon of white granulated sugar
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (Careful not to add baking powder by mistake)
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1 tablespoon of olive oil (Don't worry, it won't taste olive-y at all)
-3 tablespoons of almond milk (I like unsweetened and unflavored)
-1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
-3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, dark chocolate ones are better

Directions
-Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
-In a medium bowl, whisk together the WW flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.



-In a separate little bowl mix the olive oil, almond milk, and vanilla. With your hands, mix in with the dry ingredients. Once fully combined, fold in the mini chocolate chips.

-Flatten the dough at the bottom of your bowl, make an indent with your fingers in the middle, diving the dough in two. Then pick up half the dough and divide that into 3 balls, place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the second half.




-Bake the cookies for 5 minutes and then, using a flat spatula, press down the cookies to flatten them. Bake for another 2 minutes and then remove from the oven.



-Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet. Or, if you're like me, eat it while it's extremely hot and burn your mouth.

Try, enjoy, and pass it on!

6 servings: 1 cookie each.
Nutritional Info: 120 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment