Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal

This is a recipe adapted from Hungry Girl. She uses an extra cup of water to make the oatmeal grow. I like to add some flaxseed meal or chia seeds to make it even healthier. At one time I was so obsessed with this oatmeal that I had it for breakfast and dinner a week straight. That's love.

And today, I won't have any pictures because this is actually the first time I've made a video for you! It's kinda ridiculous and terrible quality, I was using my iPhone to film so please ignore all that and just focus on the deliciousness that is this oatmeal.


Also, let me know either on the blog or the video if you'd like to see more videos or any suggestions for me.


Here's the video:





Ingredients

-1 cup of almond milk
-1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
-1/2 small apple, cored and chopped. You can peel if you'd like. I don't.
-1 teaspoon of flaxseed meal
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Make your own!
-1 packets of no-calorie sweetener (I like Stevia)
-Dash salt

Toppings: Dried fruit, more apple, berries, coconut flakes, brown sugar. All up to you!


Directions

-Combine all ingredients in a non-stick pot, add 1 cup of water and stir well. Bring to a boil (high heat), then reduce to simmer (medium low heat).

-Stir often, cook until very creamy, about 12-15 minutes. Top it with whatever you like!


Entire recipe:246 calories (not counting toppings)

No comments:

Post a Comment