Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Whipped Coconut Lotion

Ever since I learned coconut oil can be used not just in cooking but also in beauty, it has been an intense love affair.
At first I started by using it in my hair before washing it, to make it extra soft. Then I would leave it in the sink with hot water while I showered so that when I came out, the oil had melted and I could put it on. But that was too messy and most of the time I forgot to melt it. Then I figured I'd add my own lotion to the oil to help it not be so hard and made it easier to put on. But that was only a temporary measure because I did not want to repurchase any more lotion. I wanted to make my own! So this is how this "recipe" came about:




Ingredients
1 cup coconut oil, solid
1 tablespoon vitamin E (optional)
Essential oils for scent (optional)

Directions
Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, and whip in high for 7 minutes. Then put it in a container that's easy for you to get your hands into. Done!!



An all natural moisturizer that really does wonders for your skin.
Health benefits of coconut oil

No comments:

Post a Comment