Saturday, February 16, 2013

Breakfast Smoothie


This is a great smoothie for a breakfast on-the-go. It's VERY filling and it has a bunch of different perfect foods. In fact, this smoothie alone has 5 superfoods: oats, nuts, spinach, berries and almond milk. Although if you ask me, these are all pretty super.



Ingredients
1/4 cup nuts (I choose almonds and walnuts)
1/4 cup quick cooking oats (no cooking required)
1 banana
1 handful of spinach (optional)
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup frozen fruit (I used berries here but I recommend mango & pineapple or peaches)
2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt

You may need to add water if it's too thick. Or almond milk.

Directions
Throw everything in a blender and turn it on! This is the order I put them in:
Berries, milk, oats, nuts, spinach, banana, yogurt.

Calories: 483 depending on what you put in

No comments:

Post a Comment